Little things I'm learning...  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in

1. 6am comes much earlier when you know there is a treadmill just down the hall from your bedroom that has your name all over it.
2. When starting a work out routine (after having fallen off the wagon) by day 6 you will still feel the need to have an oxygen mask after attempting to run (sprints) for two and half miles even if you have done this before.
3. Gratitude for the home gym is abundant when you realize your whole body is shaking to and fro as you run. I'd like to take a moment here to thank my husband for supplying this home gym. Offending the general public of Everett with my "baby flab" on a daily basis is not a personal workout goal.
4. Who needs chemicals when a little fiber + a good workout = a perfectly suitable colon cleanse.
5. A good sports bra is worth more than it's weight in gold.
6. I'd rather be pregnant and go through the pain of labor and delivery every 9 months than work out.
7. It's really not as easy as it looks I don't care what Jane Fonda or any of her other little workout cronies say!
8. As hard as it is at the moment I always feel so much better after.
9. Good running shoes and breathable socks are essential if you don't want your feet to feel like they are on fire.
10. It doesn't matter what you look like when you start, it's starting and reaching the your goal that counts.



p.s does anybody know someone who does lipo probono? Perhaps whole body transplants from the double chin down? No? Okay just checking!

This entry was posted on 7:07 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

You have made me totally jealous that you have a home gym! I'd also rather be pregnant and deliver a child than work out hard core! But since that is what got me where I am, I suppose it's not that great of a swap.

WAY TO GO on the whole working out thing. I'm so proud and envious of you!!!! Keep it up!

Sorry, that last one was from me. I'm at a friend's house right now. :o)

First off, thank you so much for the lovely comment you left me. Made my day. I think you'll like today's post. :-)

Secondly, this post was funny. Phewf. I always feel bad when someone leaves me a nice comment and then I check out their blog and am all, "Boooooring. Sigh."

KEEP UP THE WORKOUT! Check out my friend Steph's blog www.backinskinnyjeans.com for some inspiration. I'm with you here. I went to Gap even though I KNOW I shouldn't be buying any pants because I'm hopeful they won't fit me any longer after a month or so. So, I grabbed some size 6 pants because some of my Old Navy size 6 pants still fit me. Some of the other Old Navy size 6 pants (identical chinos) won't even go over my thighs so I don't know what's up with that. So, I got some 6's and 8's and the 8's made me look like German sausages and there was NO WAY that zipper would do up. I was all, "Gap? Don't you dare tell me I need a 12 to look comfortable. DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THAT YOU BLEEP." They HAD to have changed their sizing. I've only gained 25 lbs. It's enough but it's not like it's all on my thighs. It's SPREAD OUT.

Anyway, now that my hypothyroidism is under control, I have energy to run and walk and girl, nothing makes you more happy to run at home or in public than the complete inability to do so for a year. I just had NO energy. It took me 4-5 hours just to wake up and I'm not exaggerating.

Keep it up. Feeling skinny (in a healthy, non-anorexic way) is worth it.

Also, I normally hate those automatic-playing blog playlists but Into the Ocean by Blue October came on first for me and I'd never heard it before and I love it. So, thanks for that. Uh oh. Now the country music is starting. Time to turn it off. :-)

Lol! You are sooo funny! Good job on the workouts! I'm getting ready for a 5k in June... wanna join me?

Post a Comment