Gettin' Juicy  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in

This is a post I've been wanting to do for a while now. It was inspired by a good friend of mine who was pretty shocked to hear that I had or was trying to go all "Granola" since moving out to Washington. I told her all about our whole food/organic grocery stores and about how I really wanted to go "Natural" when giving birth to Garrett (which I ended up not doing but would still like to try) but more specific having a home birth. I also told her that on my Christmas list was a juicer. She couldn't believe it. I think she thinks I've completely lost my mind. Anyway, the point is, is that I LOVE juicing. I love being in control of what I put in my body. I love knowing that when I give my kids apple juice or pear juice it doesn't have 26+ grams of sugar. I love that it is fresh and that they get all the vitamins and nutrients they need without all the garbage that often times goes into store bought juices. Granted my kids aren't big fans of juiced vegies yet but that's okay they eat them without being juiced just fine so I'm really not worried. It just makes the fruit juice that much more of a treat.

So here is a tribute to all my fellow juicers out in bloggerland and beyond!

(The juicer shown below is a Breville. The same kind I got for Christmas.)



Juicy Poem from February's win a juicer comp

by Eric.



Before I got myself all juicy,

I looked a lot like Gary Busey,

But now I am so very fit,

Got nowt on me, that Bradley Pitt.

oscar

I gave up drinking coffee and tea,

Cos I got hooked on vitamin C,

I dart around like a racing snake,

As my thirst I attempt to slake.

nice pair!

Yet I don't want it already bottled,

I need to see my fruit being throttled,

And I can't do it on my own,

In a dilemma I've been thrown.

juicer

But with my peach I needn't fight,

Cos thank the Lord I've seen the light,

Let me be the first to mention,

The dawn of wondrous new invention.

best

I've travelled the world; I've been about,

If you knew the half, it'd make you shout,

And the greatest thing I've ever seen,

Is the L'equip XL juicer machine.

juicers

In the top go nature's wares,

Luscious apples or maybe some pears,

Then it does its thing with ease,

Mister, can I have one please?

some fruit and vegetables

This entry was posted on 9:16 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I'm not sure, but I think I know who this "friend" of yours might be!

Good for you, going the way of Seattlites and getting juicy! ;) Seriously. There are definate perks to it, and now you've made me want a juicer.

p.s. my marvy news is that I had my IUD removed yesterday!

I've had two home water births. It was a great experience. But not great enough that the next time I didn't want to go to the hospital for an epidural. Birth is WAY worse than working out.

Post a Comment