First comes determination...  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in

Then comes frustration! It seems that as I have tried so diligently over the past 2 1/2 weeks to focus on getting in better shape and eating right (I've lost 5 lbs by the way!) the rest of my life has fallen to pieces. All I can conclude from this is that I'm not the great "Multi-Tasker" I like to think I am. Why when I want to take take care of myself does the laundry and dishes pile up? Why do my children's toys remain on the floor at the end of the day? Why do I feel like there is less time for me to be with my husband? And for the love of all that is good are my bathrooms such pig sties? How do women do it?

I see women in my ward who seem to be able to do it all. Lose weight after just popping out their fifth kid, having "perfect", well behaved children, clean houses, happy, well fed husbands etc.? Is the joke on me? Am I missing something? Was there a Memo on how to do all that and still look great that I missed? If so could some fax that to me? Frustration has officially set in on this utterly Miserable Monday!

This entry was posted on 8:09 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Way to go on the 5.5 pounds!!!! I am so impressed and jealous!

All I can think is it must be genetics. There are a few women in ward that are just naturally skinny. Long and lean and make me sick. While I'm not prone to be obese, I'm definately not prone to be skinny. I'm built just like my grandma. Nice legs, well-endowed on top, but we pack it on in the middle. Shaped like a cardboard box.

Anyway.....those women do NOT have it together like you think they do. It's easy to put on a good face on Sunday. Or have bathrooms clean when you know people are coming over.

I think you should keep it up. Stick with the working out. Would you rather have a good body or a spotless house everyday? (I'd honestly rather have a good body, but maybe that's because my house is rarely spotless anyway!) Maybe one day could be your massive clean-up day. Pump up the music and go to town so you're free to work out.

I honestly don't even know if that would work. But I think you've just GOTTA stick with working out. You will NOT regret it. And it takes a lot more work to lose weight than to clean te bathroom!

Hang in there, Honey! I feel your pain! No, literally!! I am in the middle of the same trauma, and yet I am NOT losing weight! I try so hard, and not a single pound. There is something magical and awful that happens once you are in your thirties, let me tell ya. Oh, and my house is a disaster with a capital D! We can be miserable together!! Love ya! :)

Post a Comment