When did I become "THAT" person...  

Posted by: The Norlie Family

This week, tomorrow in fact, I leave for Wichita. Things always get crazy when you're trying to prepare for a trip I know this. On top of all the usual craziness that comes with travel Miss Kailey had a doctors appointment yesterday. Which was fine.

I had a couple things I wanted to pick up but it was raining like crazy so I was really debating about weather or not I wanted to go right then or wait until the next day. It was also getting late in the afternoon and I knew the kids were going to be needing naps very soon. Ultimately I convinced myself that I only needed two things from the store so I might as well run in, grab what I need and get home. **Insert laughter here** I swear I must be a gluten for punishment! I mean really, what was I thinking? First off I had two kids with me...there is no such thing as "running in" and "running out" of ANYWHERE when you have kids in tow! When will I learn this?! Second, Kailey was tired and Garrett was hungry and tired. Not a good combo for the hopeful plan of "run in" and "run out".

As I was standing in the check out lane, during a Wal-Mart "rush", waiting for a price check, with two screaming kids I suddenly realized I had become that person. You know the crazy mom with the twitching eye on the verge of killing her off spring in the desperate hope that they would just "hold still and be quiet"? The mom we've all seen and thought to ourselves, "That girl needs to get those kids under control" or "That poor women. What was she thinking?"

That was me and I knew it. I had to chuckle to myself a little bit. I mean really! I had become a person I truly never thought I would become. And there I was at Wal-Mart when it happened. Go figure!

I think back to when I was kids and I knewhow my life was going to be. I knewwhat kind of a person I was going to be and what kind of a mom I was going to be and what kind of life I was going to have and what my kids would be like. **Chuckle, sigh, wipe a tear**. I find it quite amusing that my life is NOTHING like I thought it would be. I never imagined there would be a day where I would have to ask myself when the last time I took a shower was or the last time I had a full (uninterrupted) nights sleep was? And there it was right there in Wally world when I realized it.

Photobucket

This entry was posted on 7:55 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I have a coaster with that exact picture and saying on it.

I feel this way at times. I also wonder when I became the woman who, after multiples warnings, lets her child fall, to learn a lesson. (What kind of heartless mother does that?) I now know the kind. Have fun in Wichita!! I know my mom would love to see you if you have some time!!!

I've been "That Person" more often than I care to admit.

That is so funny! I had a similar experiance the other day in Staples. I knew I should have just gone home...but no, I just had to make one more stop! With both kids screaming I could just feel every eye in the store looking at me! Not fun!

Post a Comment