*Cute pics you know you want to see...  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in



My good friend has tagged me. So here it goes.

Here were the rules:
1. Go to your documents/pictures
2. Go to your 6th file
3. Go to the 6th picture
4. Blog about it
5. Tag 6 other friends
6. Smile! Here is my 6th in 6th.....







So I'm actually pretty lazy and only have one photo in my 6th file because I just haven't gotten around to importing all the other photos of this nature to that file.

Anyway, this is a picture of Lindsey. She is 4 in this picture. She'll be 5 in March. Lindsey is my first baby. I placed her for adoption three days after she was born. It was an open adoption. Her adoptive family is so great! I could not imagine her being with anyone else. Right now they are in Switzerland for her dad's job. We keep in touch via email.

Adoption changed my life. I would not be where I am today or have what I have today if it were not for the Lord and his divine plan of salvation and adoption. I was so fortunate in so many ways that many other girls aren't that I can only give thanks to God for my experience. It made me such a much better person. It makes to sad to think about all people who have not had positive experiences with it or perhaps even take advantage of the system. It also makes me sad and mad to think about all the many, many people who are just plain uneducated about it and ramifications of that. But that's another blog for another day. For now I will leave you with the lyrics to a song I love and have listened to many times.

Bette Midler
Lullaby in blue

I know that I'm no saint.
My head is in the clouds.
They called you a mistake,
but I still, I still say your name out loud.

They called me a stupid girl,
just like my mom.
Too many men passed through my arms.
At seventeen I looked into your eyes,
knew I could never comfort your cries.
Every April still reminds me of you.
The child I never knew.
My lullaby in blue.

It all goes by so fast.
How lovely you must be.
Why you've reached the age at last
that I was when your daddy lived with me.

How I wish we could meet somewhere,
talk it through.
There is so much I would say to you.
There are others, I'm not alone.
A younger brother you've never known,
and a baby girl who so reminds me of you.
The child I never knew.
My lullaby in blue.

As the years go by,
try not to think of us sadly.
Believe it if you can,
I wanna see you so badly.
On your birthday, Mama's thinking of you.
The child I never knew.
My lullaby in blue.
My lullaby in blue.
My lullaby . . .




My 6 tags are Thelma, Amy, Heather, Tia, Jen, Taunie

This entry was posted on 7:44 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

This is a beautiful post Michelle. All of your children are so lucky to have you as their mother. What a mature, selfless and wise thing you did.

I can't believe how much Lindsey looks like you. I actually thought it was a picture of you as a kid when I first saw it.

I've never heard that song before. The words are so moving.

I can't begin to imagine all that you've gone through and sacrificed. But you are an amazing and strong woman because of it. Thanks for your testimony. =D

Post a Comment