Labor Day weekend  

Posted by: The Norlie Family

Wicked Pictures, Images and Photos
This past weekend was so great!! It the long weekend and my birthday! Clint and I kicked off the weekend by having dinner at our favorite steak house, Daniel's Broiler, and seeing the play Wicked on Friday. That show rocked my world! I would pay to see it again and again. I had to giggle a bit though as we left the theater. Clint had asked me if I enjoyed it, OF COURSE I DID, and I asked him the same. He said that yes he had enjoyed the show but didn't like all the "political undertones". Uhhhh what?! Did we just see the same show? that's was all I could think when he responded the way he did. Typical male reading waaay to much into things! But I didn't mind because I had a fabulous time! Dinner was amazing too by the way. For you Seattle-ites if you haven't been to Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union it's a must! The food is outrageous and the view is spectacular. It's a very romantic, NON-CHILDREN, kind of place.

Saturday we all slept in and took our time getting ready for the day. We went to Toys-R-Us to do some birthday shopping for Garrett. I love watching Kailey's eye's light up with excitement as we walk into to the store! She is soo funny, we were not even three feet from the door and she immediately runs to the first shelf she sees and starts inspecting each thing on it. Then we spend the next five minutes trying to drag her away from that ONE shelf! You can imagine what it was like going through the ENTIRE store. We managed to find a few things for Garrett but not as much as I had hoped. I think I'm going to have to do some hunting for a specialty toy shop. One more geared towards toward educational stuff. Either that are get cracking on Amazon and over night everything!

Sunday was my birthday!! Hooray for me! I turned 26 this year. Clint was super sweet and got up with the kids, made me breakfast in bed, and helped the kids write a letter to me. It was all so sweet! I love my family! But of course once breakfast was over it was time to get everyone ready and out the door for church. We were a little late but I figured since it was my birthday the Lord would forgive me! As soon as church was over we raced home to my Chocolate birthday cake. It made for a very delicious lunch!

Monday was our war Labor Day picnic. It was a bit overcast and chilly when we got there but the food was good and the company was great! Kailey loved playing down by the river! She and all the other kids had a good time throwing the rocks from the shore into water. Garrett was tired and fussy having had NO nap that morning and my nerves can only take so much of that, so we left early. It worked out all right though because by the time we got home it was raining pretty good and eventually turned into hail. So we spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at home. After the kids woke up from their naps we headed over to our favorite pizza place, Emerald City Pizza, for dinner. It was a nice end to the day. Of course any day that ends with me not having to cook is always a nice day!!

This entry was posted on 7:23 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Sounds like a perfect weekend! And I will just reiterate how insanely JEALOUS I am that you got to see Wicked!!!!!!! That cracks me up that Clint saw so many political undertones. The show's been around for quite a while -- I don't think Obama commissioned it. :o)

Glad you had a good birthday!

Post a Comment