Doilys and donuts  

Posted by: The Norlie Family

Since my dear friend has shared some of her embarrassing moments on her blog I've thought a lot about this little incident of my own. My family and Clint are the only ones I ever told this too just because they know me and what a dork I can be. Anyway, on with the story.

So I'm just going to admit that I may not be the BEST driver on the planet. I mean I don't think I'm BAD but Clint says our insurance bill states otherwise. I try so hard to be a good driver and pay attention but I'm a little on the ADD side so I get distracted pretty easily.

Last summer I got two flat tires (not at the same time though). The first one happened when I was trying to find a street I was suppose to turn onto and ended up running into the curb and blowing out the sidewall. Which could not have happened at a more inconvenient time as I was on my way to a dentist appointment, that I ended up running, literally, to even though I was pretty pregnant at the time. Needless to say Clint was not too happy about this but did come to my rescue none the less. So he puts the donut on and I drive home.

The next day I go down to the tire shop to get a new one. I walk in (all ready feeling silly knowing the mistake I had made) and I tell the lady at the desk that I have a DOILY on my car and I need a new tire. The lady kind of looks at me funny and asks what I mean. Me not realizing what I had said told her that I had one of those "DOILY things" on my car and just needed to buy a new tire. The look of confusion on this poor woman's face only worsened. And she asks me, "You have a DOILY on your car?" and still not picking up on what I was saying I tell her again, thinking she must have a learning problem or something, yes and I need to buy a new tire! I mean how hard was this?! So she realizes that I have no clue what I'M saying and asks me, "You mean you have a donut on your car?"

Instantly realizing what an idiot I just made of myself, and my face turning three shades of red, sheepishly reply that yes that's what I meant. And of course because I'm dork I didn't realize it was going to take a while, a LONG while, to change the tire and didn't bring a stroller for Kailey. So we had to sit there watching Judge Judy and listening the this lady tell all her co-workers what an idiot I was. It was the longest hour and half of my life!

Pineapple  Doily Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket

This entry was posted on 8:39 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

Michelle, this is hilarious!!! If I were that lady I probably would've thought you were talking about a car bra (is that even what they're called?).

I'm sorry you had such a hard time, but that story was hilarious! I laughed so hard!

Post a Comment