I've made up my mind... for now  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in , ,

For the last couple of weeks, since I found out this baby is going to be a girl, I've been agonizing over the room situation, where to put everyone and everything, how I was going to decorate, etc. I tend to stress over this stuff really easily which makes the decision process that much harder for me. But I think I have finally made up my mind as to how I want all this work.

I want to have a femenin but sophisticated girls room. Kailey is not a baby anymore and while she may not understand my decorating choice I believe she will learn to love it. I decided to go with a "cherry blossom" theme. This is a theme that can take on many different styles, Asian, baby, urban, etc. There is a lot on the net for this and sifting through all of it has taken a long time. There just are not that many pictures (I'm very visual) of rooms decorated in a the style that I had pictured in my mind (femenin/sophisticated). It was hard finding what I wanted and I started to become discouraged until TODAY! I found exactly what I was looking for and with the help of my lovely "artsy fartsy" sister was able to clearly visualize and decide how I want the room to look.

First I'm going to start by painting three of the walls a beige color (the longest and two shortest) and use the fourth wall as an accent wall by painting it brown. Then I'm going to apply these babies:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I found these here:
http://dalidecals.com/

The three walls will be a similar color to what is shown in the second picture and the accent wall will be as close a brown as I can get to the trunk of the tree. On the accent wall I will use two of the branches (one mirroring the other) over the crib with a shelf positioned between them with pictures on it. It will look like the shelf is on the branches or the branches are coming from behind the shelf, what ever will look best. The branches (in the second photo) will be a beige color (like the other three walls) and the flowers will be a pale pink (the second color of flower on the big tree, which I'll add but isn't shown).

The bedding (which I still have to find) will obviously coordinate with the colors of the blossoms on the tree. My crib isn't wight but I guess if it looks really goofy then I can always paint it wight. Right? I still need to decide on drapes but you get the idea.

I'm so excited now that I've finally figured all this out. Kailey will move in first and will have about 6-8 weeks of the room all to herself while the baby is still sleeping in my room. It may be longer but I doubt it. I think it will all really depend on Garrett and how quickly I can get him transitioned into the toddler bed. Which makes me nervous because he'll only be 16 month when this baby is born and get's kicked out of the crib. I would have liked to have kept him in it until he was two, but that's just not an option this time around. Hopefully it'll be okay.

I still need to do a boys room but that will have to wait until next year or maybe even later. I do know what I want to do for that though so it should be a lot easier to get it all together once I'm ready to do it.

Oh and the website I found the decals at has some seriously cool stuff! I'd check out just for kicks!

Sighhh... Now to get to it!

This entry was posted on 10:37 AM and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

that's a beautiful theme, i love it :) heck, i want it for MY room! lol

Ooh....I luurrrrve it! I and must have missed the girl announcement! (Or forgotten it!) Congrats!!!

A thought on cribs/toddler beds: Isaac slept in our swing for the first 6 weeks. And he was sleeping 6 hours a night by 3 weeks. (Usually.) Something like that might give Garrett a little longer. Isaac had a hard time adjusting to the big bed when Eric was born.

Post a Comment