sleeping with one eye open..  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in

Yesterday I went to the Optometrist. It was the first visit in two years. A long time I know but I was pregnant/having a baby last year so didn't really see the point (no pun intended). I actually didn't think my Rx had changed at all. Now for those of you who don't know, I had a cornea transplant 2 1/2 years ago. The goal obviously being better vision. Before the eye exam I had told the doctor that I really wasn't to terribly impressed because I expected my vision to be much better than what it was. She asked a bunch of questions and did the exam. As it turns out my Rx had changed. Quite dramatically too. I was blown away by the difference to be honest.

Since it had been so long since my last visit and since I have a history of surgery the doc wanted to be very thorough and check EVERYTHING. What ever. After shining blinding me her little mirror and light head gear she asked me if I slept with my eye's open. I simply replied "I don't know. I'm sleeping!" haa haa haa! (I crack my self up!) Of course her next line of questioning was more along the "dry eye" symptoms check list. I asked her why she wanted to know if I slept with my eye's open and she said that I have a pattern of dryness in line on my eye that to her looked like I slept with one eye open.

Before I continue with my post can I just say that Fendi sun glass' really do make the world a brighter place!
Fendi Pictures, Images and Photos
And yes I really am this shallow.

I couldn't help but giggle to myself. I must be sub consciencely worried that Clint will "off me" in my sleep for being so "fiscally" abusive (as he puts it) to him!

This entry was posted on 4:16 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

2 comments

So what's your course of action? A sleep mask? Taping your eye shut?! Ü

When I was pregnant with Isaac, I realized I couldn't wear my contacts anymore. After I had him I tried to put the contacts in, but didn't take care of them and they were all dried and shriveled. I never got around to getting more before I got pregnant with Eric.

Finally after I had Eric I went for an eye appt. The doctor was like, "Well, I'm sure you know you have an astigmatism...." And I was like, "Uh.....no....." I don't know if I've always had one and the doctor didn't tell me before, or if it was a result of pregnancy.

Anyway......I get new contacts today! I've been without them for over a month and it's driving me crazy.

That is funny! I guess know one can try sneaking around you while your sleeping.

Post a Comment