Sharing time  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in

I find that I go through bouts of creativity. It's like I get a bunch of ideas all at once and then no ideas (that I deem creative enough) for a long time. For example, when I first purchased my Nikon D-60 I was obsessed with taking pictures and finding new subjects. Then I stopped for a while. Then I go my Photoshop program with the intention of getting back into my photography. But to be honest I'm a little bored with the lense that's on my camera. I want a new one with a higher power zoom. But lenses are expensive. So needless to say I really haven't been using my "nice" camera as of late.

However I have been playing around with the camera on my iphone quite a bit. The quality of the pictures is not anywhere near the quality of my Nikon, but I've found that in some cases I actually kind of like that. I've also downloaded an app that allows me to play with the colors in the pictures. I know that's probably something I could do in photoshop but if I'm being honest I might as well admit this too, I have no clue how to work that program. After months of trying to "figure it out" on my own I've concluded that I will just need to bite the bullet and take a class. Again I know that altering the colors in a photo is nothing new or even that exciting but it's something I've been want to try and have never done before.

Here is some of what I've done on my iphone:
This is Garrett the day we left the hospital.
Photobucket
Kailey on a trip to the park.
Photobucket
Garrett after his first hair cut.
Photobucket

I have more like these but they're not as good. I'm a sucker for black and white photo's as it is and I think being able to select certain things in the picture to highlight can really make a photo.

Anyway I've had fun playing with the apps on my phone. I think I would have more fun if I could figure out photoshop but I guess this will do for now.

This entry was posted on 9:27 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I love those pics with the highlighted item!!!

the last one is adorable :D
look at how big he is!

You do a great job taking photos and fixing them. Love the highlighted photos.

Post a Comment