Ohh Canada  

Posted by: The Norlie Family in


Well today is the day we head out Canada. I know once we get there everything will be fine. I just get so nervous traveling with kids for one and even more so when traveling across the border. We all have our passports so we'll more than likely be just fine, it just gets a little more nerve wracking when you have the kiddos to worry about.

Most of you know that Clint grew up on a cattle ranch about two and half hours out side of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. His dad and step mom still live there and have cattle. It's very beautiful out there I think. Some of the people out there are so red-neck the folks out in Kansas couldn't hold a candle next to them! But it's the country life and there is definitely something about that that appeals to me.

I'll be honest I've missed the farm. There is just something about it. I don't if it's just because it reminds so much of Kansas or what, but I have really missed being out there. I have missed my in-laws too. It takes me a long time to really warm up to people but I have really grown to love all of them and I can't wait to see my new nephew Nate. I'm especially excited to get up there so that I can razz my Father in law. He is such a funny ol' fart! However, as I'm writing this I'm remembering that calving season is just starting out there. I hope they don't try to get me out there to watch or help or something. I'm WAY too much of a city girl for that!

Over all I think it will be a good trip. We are planning a double birthday party for Kailey and her cousin Tanner. They are only a day apart. I'm really excited for it just because Kailey has never had or been to a big birthday party. (I know how lame are we?!) Linda (my mother in law) will be getting an ice cream cake for the kids. I think Kailey will love it! Course Kailey loves anything sweet! I think she get's that from her Pa (Clint's dad)!

Well Kailey is talking and Garrett is babbling so I guess that means it's time to start my day. Fingers crossed we have a smooth hassle free day both at home and at the airport!

This entry was posted on 6:57 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Good luck!! I hope things go smoothly for you. Sounds like you'll have a great time.

I know what you mean about wanting your children to struggle. I have similar feelings. Half of me wants to protect them from ever experienceing any pain, the other half of me knows they've GOT to go through tough times, and it will be good for them.

Have a fun and safe trip!

Post a Comment